Tuesday, July 29, 2014

New staff member- Marti Burnham, GT Coordinator

Welcome Marti Burnham, GT Coordinator, to Lopez Elementary!  Mrs. Burnham will be working 50% at Lopez as part of our WIN schedule, primarily serving 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students for gifted and talented/enrichment.

Educational and Professional Background:
I am so pleased to be the Gifted and Talented Coordinator at Lopez. I have lived in Fort Collins for the last ten years, but I also attended CSU many years ago. I have an undergraduate degree in fine arts and an MA in elementary education. I hold endorsements for elementary education, art education, and gifted and talented education. I have ten years of teaching experience in a variety of subjects. Most recently, I spent the last three years at Kruse Elementary School teaching advanced and enriched reading and math. I am looking forward to the coming school year and settling into my new home at Lopez!

Personal Interests & Hobbies:
I love spending time with my husband, Joe, and our two daughters, Holly and Lucy. I have several hobbies that allow me to be creative including drawing, cooking, and writing. I also enjoy traveling, gardening, biking, running, and reading. On weekends, you will often find my home full of friends and family sharing meals, playing games, and having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment